ALPHA CHI OMEGA
ALPHA CHI OMEGA HISTORY
Alpha Chi Omega was founded on October 15, 1885, at DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana. At a time when women were just beginning to occupy seats in college classrooms, seven female students were encouraged to form a women’s society within the school.
Dedicated to advancing “the intellectual, social, and moral culture,” of its members, our founders’ vision has grown to include our women’s Fraternity, the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation, and the National Housing Corporation. Together, they serve more than 200,000 members in more than 130 collegiate chapters and 200 alumnae chapters nationwide.